Monday, June 16, 2008

21 Months and Still Waiting

If anyone would of told me 21 months ago when we started this journey to adopt our second daughter from China that we would still be waiting, I would have said "no way, you're crazy". Well low and behold that is what has happened. I guess it is all apart of God's plan for our family and we just keep learning that we are more patient than we ever knew we could be. Don't get me wrong, IT IS VERY, VERY HARD waiting when all you want to do is be matched with your child and to bring him or her home into your loving family and get on with your life, so to speak. So much of the past 21 months as been "on hold" so to speak, not really wanting to plan a family vacation, so as to save money for the adoption, saving vacation time at work, so when we are off, we can have some paid time off, etc. We finally decided that despite the fact we continue to wait, it is really time to take our lives "off hold" for now and that is what we are going to do.

In September, the three of us are off to Florida for a much anticipate Disney Vacation! Samantha is excited beyond her wildest dreams and cannot wait to have breakfast with the Disney Princess, whom she really does idolize at this point - LOL! We are going to go all inclusive and stay at one of the Disney Resorts - the Port Orleans (I believe it is call, I'll have to check with Dale on that one, as he is doing most of the leg work)! We figure this will probably be our one and only "big" family vacation as a family of three.

In any event, when I know for sure the name of the resort we are staying at, I'll post a link.

1 comments:

AmyO said...

Hang in there!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations