TGIF! This past week has been pretty busy. It's also hard to believe that it was four weeks ago today that we first saw Miss Madison's beautiful little face for the very first time! We are hoping our LOA comes soon so that we can bring her home as quickly as possible. It is really hard when we know who she is and life her (and in China) just continues when you so want it to stop until you can be a family and move forward with life all one family unit! We know it will happen soon.
We've made great strides in organizing and cleaning out the den in preparation of turning it into Madison's room. Dale is hoping to paint the ceiling and primer the walls this weekend! The bedding set also arrived this week and I love, love, love it! It is very pretty and I'm anxious to see the room come together. We still have not decided on a wall color yet, but know that it will be some form of green (I'm thinking a really light green). Yesterday, Sammie and I painted the letters of Madison's name, which we will hang on one of the walls in room. Next we have to make bows/ribbons to hang the letters from. A good friend of mine is going to help me out in that regard. I'm clueless as how to do it. Last weekend I went to the local ECFE Annual Garage Sale and found some really cute things for Madison's room too. I got lucky and found a quilt shelf for $15.00. I was totally excited, as new they are quite spendy!
Sammie is feeling much better today. She still had a slight temp this morning, but was able to go to daycare, thankfully. I'm the only support staff in the office, so it is hard when I'm out for more than a day or two at a time. But, when the kiddos are sick, mommy's there for them!
Needless to say, we are going to lay low this weekend. I really want to begin working on Madison's care package too. I've got the photo book, but know need to work on adding the pictures and labels (both in Chinese and English) to it and I may work on the blanket I want to make and send to her as well. I'm going to have Sammie pick out a small "lovey" to send and an outfit too. I also would like to send some stickers and other light, easy to travel items for the children in the orphanage to share, as well as some candy or something similar for the nannies and caretakers of the children.
Really, there is so much to do and so little time. I'll post pics of Madison's room as soon as we have it finished. It may be a bit yet, as some of the items I ordered are on backorder and will not ship until May sometime. The wallpaper boarder is one of those items! Bummer as I had wanted to have the walls done so we can set up some of the other things! Oh well, all in due time.
I guess that's all for today!
Hugs ~ Denise
Seattle Day 4 7/09/2018
8 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment